Full Project – DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SCRABBLE GAME
- Background of the Project
Scrabble is an old classic board game, with game rules that are not very complicated. Compared to other classic board games, such as Chess, there are more factors to take into consideration when making a move in Scrabble. Apart from anagramming and generating words, there are other crucial decisions to make. A player would probably find several legal moves in one round, and then would have to decide which one to place. Choosing the move that generates the highest score is not always the ideal way to go. It could be that making such a move would create a situation in the next round where nothing could be done, or let the opponent score highly.
Making the choice of which move to use include many factors, and there are several different techniques and strategies one can follow to make the decision easier. Hitting the bonus squares can generate an extremely high score, hence one strategy is to try to always hit the bonus squares and prevent the opponent from doing the same. Another way of being successful is to prioritize using letters with high score, since they would not only generate a high total score to the player, but could also create difficult situations in the future if not used as soon as possible.
Scrabble game is a simple game played by four, three, two even one person. Scrabble game is also played with tiles and encountered on a special and well-designed board. The game can be played with a board disserted with a cross-like path. In between any of the two arms of the cross path is a center square calved out as a square box, which has a symbol of star.
At the down side of this board, there is a device called a Rack where the tiles are been placed before they are picked. This rack can be any colour depending on the developer or the user, titles and the rack can have the same colour. This rack is occupied by seven tiles at a starting and can be change or shuffle when the need arises. Each player has a starting point (middle) where he/she will place the tiles when picked. This spot is of different colour as the box (others) and is called the starting point. Other features of the board include smaller square boxes that make up the steps on the path which each tile steps on as it enters the path to produce a word. There are double and tripple word squares on the board. In the double word lines or square if two tiles that will generate a meaning are placed there, the player will score a high mark likewise the tripple word square. There are tiles, which are used to call for placement, which determine how the score is been ranked on the score device. Some makes use of the standard set number, while some make use of only seven (7) depending on the players.
When the game is being played, the objective of each player is to navigate his tile on the path to achieve a meaningful word. And any player whose tiles finished first wins the games or any player that scores the highest point wins the game i.e. top score or best player. But in other hand, the player whose tiles remain after number-of- players have finish, come last and become the worst looser. Each player must abide by the rules and regulation of the game that will be specified in subsequent
- Statement of the Problem
Because scrabble game is played manually, young people do not have much interest in it. But making it computer based will make young people to enjoy it.
- Objective of the Project
The objective of this study is stated as following:
To make scrabble game join the most other games in computer “world”
To handle cheating in scrabble game and to standardize the game.
To simulate scrabble game using computer.
- Project justification
This project is justified because making scrabble computer based enhances learning.
- Scope of the Project
The scope of this project is to design a comuter based scrabble game.
1.6 Project Report Organization
This project is organized into six chapters. Chapter one is the
Introduction, chapter two is the Literature Review, chapter three is the
Methodology and System Analysis, chapter four is the System Design,
chapter five is the System Implementation and Testing and chapter six is
the Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation.
1.7 Definition of terms
Anchor square: Vacant board square adjacent to a placed tile.
Bag: Tiles that have not been drawn by players.
BOR: Balance on rack player.
BS: Bonus square player.
Cross check set: Set of possible letters on an anchor square with regard to adjacent word going vertical from named square.
DAWG: Directed acyclic word graph.
HSW: High score word player.
Vowel ratio: Ratio describing how many of the total number of tiles are
Game: game is any activity which is executed only for pleasure and without conscious purpose
Programming: The act of instructing a computer to do your bidding
Center star Square: This is a start square n the board that doubles the
Database: Organized store computerized data.
Entertainments: This is a condition that is considered favourable
Exchange: The act of taken and replacing.
Hints: Piece of practical formation.
Human: This is a type of game choose in scrabble
I spy: This is a game played by order children.
Kits: Instruments used in playing scrabble game.
Play Now Button: A command button that make the game to start.
Premium Square: This is a start up square, which double the words.
Quit Button: A button used to terminate the operation of the game.
Rack: A device that holds the tiles in a scrabble game.
Score: To win or obtain a point in a competitive activity.
Scrabble Game: A game played on a board covered in square in which player wins point by combining letter.
Scrabble Dictionary: A device in the scrabble game where words are
Shuffle: Often to give an appearance of activity when nothing useful is being done.
Solitaire: One persons game e.g. word game.
Submit: This makes the letter to be permanent on the board and also score the player.
Tiles: A piece of plastic used in playing game.
Triple word score: This triples the number of word on it.
Triple letter score: This triples the number of letter placed on it.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria