Full Project – IMPACT OF TRUANCY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS
1.1 Background of the Study
Education has recently been acknowledged universally as a universal means of survival and advancement of an individual’s and society’s well-being. The introduction of formal education is seen as the bedrock of national progress and the surest path to achieving all long-term life goals. As a result of these factors, families and people, particularly adolescents and children, now place a higher premium on education. As a result, no nation, government, organization, or family achieves sustainable success in their daily operations without educated citizens, officials, and workers who understand their obligations, roles, or responsibilities, adhere to applicable laws, policies, and cooperate in their activities.
The 6-3-3-4 System of Education, established in 1982, was designed to provide universal basic education to citizens in order to breed species of individuals with compassion for our great Nation, possessing a National consciousness and the appropriate attitude toward life, properties, and values necessary to advance national development to the next level (Ogbonna, Chinasa, and Onwuchekwa, 2009). However, the federal government of Nigeria’s investment in education has shown to be a lucrative and promising reward for national growth over the years, providing a glimmer of optimism for the immediate future. There is no question that various issues have obstructed the trend of rapid educational progress; absenteeism among students and instructors in elementary and secondary schools has been a cankerworm for education. This has prompted various concerns about the educational quality and management of secondary schools in Nigeria. (Huzinga & Thornberry, 2000).
Additionally, truancy has a direct and often unfavorable effect on truants’ present and future educational lives. Truancy impairs an individual’s intellectual growth and prevents him or her from improving. Additionally, it results in low academic achievement at the conclusion of school periods, semesters, and years. Truancy as a danger to a student’s academic achievement is regarded to degrade the quality of education received by the kid. It lowers a child’s academic success standard. It results in a deterioration of educational standards in schools.
It raises the rate of examination misconduct and outcomes from both internal and external examinations. Truancy is also a role in the idealization, joblessness, unemployment, and underemployment of the majority of people today, simply because they engaged in truancy throughout their school years. Nonetheless, the purpose of this work is to examine the actual actions, causes, and impact of truancy in secondary schools, specifically in relation to its influence on the academic achievement of these truants(Oehme and Franzke, 2002).
Truancy is one of the major antisocial discipline problems among secondary school students in Nigeria. The concept and acts of indiscipline have received a lot of attention by researchers. Peck (2003) opined that the various behavioural disorders like stealing, violence, drug abuse, examination malpractice, sexual abuse and truancy have so undermined effective teaching-learning processes that some teachers have become helpless and disorganized in their task of impacting knowledge to the learners (Huzinga & Thornberry, 2000).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The school was formed as a social agent to mold children’s habits, interests, attitudes, and sentiments and to transmit societal norms, culture, values, and traditions from generation to generation. Despite this, some pupils continue to skip school. Many of our adolescents are now fleeing schools, despite the fact that their parents believe they are attending school lessons. While they are not in school, they have the flexibility to engage in a variety of adolescent delinquent behaviors such as fighting and substance misuse. This state of affairs in our schools is quite concerning. Truancy is a concern since missing kids are unable to participate in the school’s numerous programs. Truancy has been linked to inferior academic success, delinquent and criminal behavior. Truancy has been recognized as a cog in the wheel of education.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The primary objective of this study is to examine the impact of truancy
on academic performances of primary school pupils. Other objective is to:
- Determine whether the acts of truancy exist among Primary School pupils.
- Examine the causes/Factors responsible for truancy in our Primary Schools.
- Determine whether peer group influence contribute to the act of truancy in our Primary school.
1.4 Research Questions
- What are the impact of truancy on the academic performance of students in Primary schools?
- Does Peer group influence contribute to the act of truancy in our Primary school?
- What factors are responsible for Truancy in Primary Schools?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
The following research hypotheses are formulated:
- There are no significant impact of truancy on the academic performance of Primary School Pupils in Edati Local Government Area.
- Peer group does not significantly contribute to the act of truancy in our Primary School.
1.6 Significance of the Study
It is hoped that the result of this study will be useful to school administrators, as the study will examine the various causes and consequences of truancy and state the ways of curbing it which will serve as a vital instrument for effective school administration.
The study will also give parents insight on how or why their wards engage in truancy. The study will also serve as reference point for students or researchers wising to embark on similar research of this magnitude.
1.7 Scope and delimitation of the study
The scope of the study is based on the impact of truancy on the academic performance of pupils in Primary schools in Edati Local Government Area.
The research work will be limited to the analysis based on the questionnaire administered, and the relevant text (literature). Other limitation of the study is: inability of the researcher to cover the entire population of the study, money and time and constrain.
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
Truancy: The practice of staying away from school without permission. In
other words, it is the act of staying away from school without a reasonable excuse.
Truant: A child who stays away from schools without permission.
Disobedient: failing or refusing to obey.
Abet: To encourage somebody to do something wrong.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria