Full Project – A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS ABORTION: AN IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING
A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS ABORTION:
AN IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING A CASE STUDY OF COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EKIADOLOR-BENIN
This purpose of this study was to find out comparatively the attitude of college students towards abortion and the implication of counselling. This was done on the basis of location and the investigator was to find out how college students who attend colleges in both urban and rural areas fuel towards abortion. Specially, the study will establish whether religion, economic viability, malformation of foetus, custom, rape and geographical location influence ones attitudes towards abortion. In carrying out this survey, four hypothesis were formulated and tests. In order to validate the hypotheses a number of sample were randomly made from the following categories of population, 300 final year students schools were randomly selected from local government areas of the state with 3 from rural and the rest four from urban areas, research instruments in the form of questionnaire were drawn for testing the different population involved. In all 20 question also made use of equally the investigator also made use of personal interview and personal observation. Analyzing the data, the four (4) hypotheses formulated were upheld. It thus revealed that the geographical location, custom, religion, economic, viability and the nature of the pregnancy all affect and influence students attitudes towards abortion. In spite of these problems however, the study did prove that students generally react freely and positively towards abortion. Following the finding in the field work, a number of recommendation were made towards minimizing abortion cases to the barest degree in our society. These recommendations includes the need for parents to show much concern for their children, the need for sex education in our schools curriculum, the legalization and liberalization of abortion in the country, positive attitudes towards abortion and the need for effective family planning and birth control.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problem
Purpose of study
Significance of the study
Scope and delimitation of study
Definition of terms
Analysis and interpretation of data
Discussion of finding
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
For a very long time now, both the young and old have taken abortion issue with great concern, whether the person is literate or illiterate in our society or not. A lot of cries and lives have risen about abortion in very many distinguished scholars and educators have done a lot researching on issues relating to abortion, despite all done by these resource personnel, it is disheartening and highly regrettable to note that people still have crude attitude towards abortion.
In modern age of ours, people still get upset and feel shy sometimes at the mere mention of the word ‘abortion’ Also, most student are still ignorant about abortion related issues. As a result of this crude attitude towards abortion, more harm have been done than good to many innocent souls whose lives would have been saved if the right steps and attitudes had been taken at the appropriate time to savage such situation.
Due to this short coming, the investigator decided or rather feel compelled to the study of the attitude of student in College of Education towards abortion. Implication for sex education, it is therefore, the hope of the write that in the course of study, the facts and information put together would help immense college students and those of institution of higher learning. This is turn transcend to members of the society at large to liberate their minds thereby developing the right attitudes and practice towards abortion, it is only through this we can help our students in institution and others, mostly members of the public to reduce the speedy ware of abortion.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study mainly aimed at finding out clearly the attitudes of College of Education towards abortion. The study aimed at finding clear term what and how students who are in college in both rural and urban areas feel about abortion. In specific terms, this study seek to:
- Establish the general attitude of College of Education both in rural and urban school towards abortion.
- Determined the motives behinds our student both in rural and urban colleges going for an abortion.
- Find out whether or not, such factor such as incest, religion, economic, viability, and other traditional belief influence students attitude towards abortion
- Determine whether the sex of college students and their level of education influence the way they feel and react towards issues bothering on abortion
- Ascertain whether location, be it rural or urban, has any influence or effect on College students attitude towards abortion
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The main purpose of this study is the attempt of College of Education, Ekiadolor towards abortion and the implication of counseling.
The above statement raised, are developed to act as a guide to the study. Among other things, this study will examine these factor influencing pregnancy due to rape, incest, fetus information and the attitudes colleges have towards abortion or these pregnancies. At the end of this study, ways of solving these problem will be suggested.
In order to address the topic the researchers has formulated the following research question
- Does a person’s religion and belief system affect the attitudes towards abortion.
- To what extent has the liberalization and legalization of abortion lead to immorality and economic ruin?
- Has the level of education and geographical location, be if rural or urban has effect on one’s attitude towards abortion.
- Does sex and family background affect one’s attitude towards abortion.
DELIMITATION/SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- The study was delimited to students in College of Education, Ekiadolor Benin
- Students in their final year, (of both sexes) were used from those college to judges from the fact that abortion cases are very common with our college students.
- Consequently, they stand a better chance of gilcing and supplying accurate data’s the way they respond too, will help to affirm or reject issues bothering on abortion.
The scope of this study will generally centered on the attitudes of students in college towards abortion. The study was carried out in College of Education Ekiadolor (Both male and females) in Edo State.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Abortion: This has to do with removal or termination of pregnancy between the seven month which is the viability of the foetus a time when the foetus is capable of extra uterine life and independently.
Spontaneous Abortion: This is when a pregnancy aborts on its own occur without any external help like the use of drugs and or D and C.
Induced Abortion: This is when a pregnancy is forecedly removed with the use of drugs or D and C in a layman language, this is referred to as thje criminal abortion.
Polygamy: This is when a man married more than one wife.
Incest: This is sex engagement between relatives. It is an affair or sex between members of the same family.
Liberalization of Abortion: This is when individuals are given freedom to procure abortion if they so decide.
Legalization of Abortion: This is when a law is enacted so that people are being prosecuted for being involved in abortion.
Rape: This is when a man forcibly has sexual knowledge with a girl (woman)
Contraception: This is a term associated with the use of drugs, pills etc to procure or prevent abortion.
Sex Education: This is a kind of education that enable individual acquire and develop healthy attitudes and practices towards sex.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for International clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Other Projects
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Need a Project Writer for a Different Topic
- MSC PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MBA RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- Research Project Writing Services in Lagos Nigeria (Professional Writers) -Law, MSc, MBA,PhD, Dissertations, Thesis, Assignment, Speech
- Masters Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- LOOKING FOR A WRITING SERVICES FOR AN URGENT ASSIGNMENTS OR PROJECT WORK
- PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA (TERM PAPER, SPEECH WRITING, ASSIGNMENT, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, RESEARCH PROPOSAL, PROJECT WRITING SERVICES etc)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- CONSULT A RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA (PH.D, MBA, MSC, M.ED, BSC)
- MANAGEMENT RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Environmental Sciences Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Human Kinetics and Health Education Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Early Childhood Education Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Christian Religious Studies(CRS) Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Political Science Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Accounting Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Economics Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Management Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Marketing Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Public Administration Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- MBA Research Project Analysts
- In Need of MBA Research Project Writer in Nigeria
- MBA Dissertation Research Project Writer
- MBA Project writer
- EDUCATION DEPARTMENT PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSC) DEGREE PROJECT WRITING SERVICES(B.ED,B.A,B.SC)
- Early Childhood Education Research
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSC) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POST GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- MASTER DEGREE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- MASTERS RESEARCH PROJECT WRITING SERVICES
- RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- EXPERT IN RESEARCH PROJECT/THESIS/DISSERTATION WRITING SERVICES IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL BSC/HND RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MBA/MSC RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL THESIS WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- SC/M.SC/MBA/PGD RESEARCH PROJECT WRITER IN LAGOS NIGERIA
- Master Degree Research Project Specialist/Writer in Lagos, Nigeria
- Hire A Research Project Writer in Lagos Nigeria
- Research Project Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Full Project – A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS ABORTION: AN IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING