Full Project – CAUSES OF WORKERS RESISTANCE TO CHANGE IN AN ORGANIZATION
This study examines the causes of workers resistance to change in an organization it is the contention of this study that one of the ways people react to change is resistance to change in an organization. Such factor as fear of security uncertainty, threatened expertise, disruption in social relationship may make workers to resist change in an organization. The data of study are collected thought data or questionnaire and secondary sources. However the questionnaire forms are the major instrument of data collection. This simple random sampling method is used to select the respondents for the study. In other to make change achieve its intended objective, change should be managed there are different strategies of managing change and among such strategies are, education, communication, participation, building of climate of trust and effective leadership. The adoption of particular strategies for managing change in the organization should be contingent on the situation of change.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Approval (FOR HND ONLY)
Table of contents
List of Tables
List of figures
- Background to the study
- Statement of the problem
- Objectives of the study
- Research question
- Statement of the hypothesis (es)
- Scope of the study
- Significance of the study
- Limitations of the study
- Operational defininition of terms
2.2 The review
2.3 Summary of the review
3.2 Research design
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling technique
3.6 Method of data collection
3.7 Method of date analysis
DATA PRESENTATION ANALYSIS, AND DISCUSSION
4.2 Data presentation and interpretation
4.3 Data analysis and hypothesis (es) testing
4.4 Discussion of findings
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.2 Summary of findings
5.5 Suggested areas for further studies
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Change is an inevitable phenomenon in any organization. This was aptly observed that all organization are in a state of flux whether or not they want to recognize it and manager it, resist it or ignore it.
The manager that succeeds in managing his organization effectively is one that knows how to adopt and manage change in his organization. To survive dynamic competitive environment they must recognize the need for change.
The history of an organization is littered with the corpses of enterprises that failed to respond apposp the demand of the environment of chage.
The inevitability of changes was expressed, in the following by kolosa (1969).
We may not recognize it or other wise be of it, we may oppose it or we may even try to accelerate it, nomatter what our position may be, change make the course in the evaluation, of human effort.
Change may take place so slowly that it is not able to be seen in one generation or even two or more may occur with such rapidness that we are left some what breathless in the woke of were. The great challenge of management, today is to acceleration tempo of change that challenge, in an organization was socially put in the following words by peter (1980).
Turbulent market place, demands that we make innovation a way of life for every one must learn individual as an organization as vigorously as we fight it in the past.
People in an organization resist charge in different ways depending on how they perceive change. Thus, people’s resistance to change can take the form of withstanding change. It is in view of this, that the study want to look at work’s resistance to change by using some selected banks in Edo North sartorial district as a case study and these banks are UBA, GTB, FIRST BANK and FIDELITY BANK.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
As pointed out in the background of this study, change is an all-important and pervasive feature of life. The hallmark of success in the contemporary organization is keeping up with important trends. Changes and the emerging Issues and problems which are only permanent characteristics of any organization.
Apart from changes which take place in the foregoing contexts, other kind of change are deliberately brought as a matter of policy and strategy aimed at achieving specific missions objectives and goals.
The modern executive therefore needs to be change oriented in his attitude and approach to Issues and situations consequently, it is necessary for the executive not only to react to changes but also to be able to anticipate and influence them.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- Examining the causes of changes in the organization
- Determining the strategies of changes in the organization
- Knowing the ways of managing resistance to change in an organization.
This research work is intended to ask the following questions
- Is the consultation of the workers by management before introducing change influence the way they react to change in the organization.
- Is charges have impact on workers wellbeing in an organization.
STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS (es)
The following hypothesis shall throw more light on this study.
- Ho: The consultation of workers by management before introducing a change will not influence the way they react to change in the organization
Hi: The consultation of workers by management before introducing change will influence the way they react to change in the organization.
- Ho: changes have no impact on workers wellbeing in an organization
Hi: Changes have impact on works wellbeing in the organization.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is on some selected banks in Edo North Amongst which are Unior Bank of Africe (UBA), First Bank plc, intercontinental, Bank plc, Oceanic Bank plc e.tc.
In this course of study questionnaires of this study shall be distributed in different categories of workers in the Banks included in this study. Also to be considered are Issues like sources of exchange causes of resistance to change and the management of resist area, to change.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study is two fold firstly its practical usefulness to the organization and those concerned with the management of workers.
practical significance this study is a case study, As Ectsein, (1960) has asserted that case study never prove anythiry, their purpose is to illustrate generalization which is established other wise or direct attention howards such generalization, thus, one of the practical of the study is to establish, and generate generalized view which will be useful to practioner this research is undertaken on the premise that those involved in the management, of workers in the organization will draw lessons from its findings
Theoretical significance Apart from practical usefulness of practicing managers, work mainly is the analysis Endeavour
This work may have serve purpose, if it galvanizes, scholars into furthering the frontiers to knowledge, by making improvement in some errors that may have been discovered in the course of this study thus, the study of a particular, episode may suggest a further hypothesis which forms the basis of further, researchers and which in turn lay the foundation for generalization alternatively they may be interpreted as hophlighling the general process.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
In the course of this study, the researcher encountered some problems getting respondent for the study. As for the results of the banks, it was difficult getting them fill the questionnaires, distributed to them.
Secondly, time was not favorable in the sense that hours of lectures was sheered with collection of data for the research i.e combining class room activities with going to field to collect information for the reseated
The fact is that a number of banks under study further compounded the problems.
Thirdly, getting materials for the research due to the poor state of the polytechnic library. The researcher, was moving from one library to another looking for materials and articles on change.
This further aggregate the precarious financial situation of the researcher as a student.
Finally, getting funds to finance this study was as hill up task couple with the economic situation of the country.
inspirit of these limiting factors, the researcher did her best to overcome, them therefore the reliability and the authoritative use of the research should not be under scored by its potential users.
OPERATIONAL DFINATION OF TERMS
- Management: This can be operationally referred to as the higher level of deco in makers in an organization they formulate policies and procedures for achieving organization goals, is also the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing and controlling an organization, for the purpose of accomplishing, a goal.
- Planning: planning means looking ahead and checking our future courses of action to be followed. It is a preparatory, step. It is a systematic activity which determine when, how and who is going to perform a specific job. He also went on to say that planning is a detailed programme regarding future courses of action it is lightly said that “Well plan is half done”. Therefore planning takes into consideration available and prospective, human and physical resources of organization so as to get effective, co-ordination, contribution and perfect adjustment (pill and Michael zoos)
- Organizing: Organizing plays a central role in the management process once plans are created the managers task is to see that they are carried out. Organizing is to begin the process of implementation by clarifying jobs and working relationships. It identifies who is to do what, who is in charge of whom, and how different people and parts of he organization relate to and work with one another. (Henrifayol 1949). He also said in his work that organizing, as a function of management on his classic monograph. General and industrial administration.
- Resistance to change: The adoption of innovations involves altering human behavior and the acceptance of change. There is a natural resistance to change for several reasons. He also said that effort to change inevitably beget resistance that must be confronted (ken Eisold, 2010).
- Change: Change is the utilization of basic structure and tools to control any organizational change effort. Change is so persuasive in our lives that is almost defeats description and aralysis. (kotter 1990).
- Perception of changes: perception is said to be a process by which people organize, interpret, experience being much more complete and much broader than sensation. The perceptual process involves a complicated, interaction and selection, organization and interpretation. Although perception depends largely upon the senses for raw materials. The cognitive process may filter, modify, change these materials (Luthan 1998).
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – CAUSES OF WORKERS RESISTANCE TO CHANGE IN AN ORGANIZATION