Full Project – APPRAISAL OF PROMOTIONAL STRATEGIES OF BARBING SALONS
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
The study focused on an appraisal of promotional strategies of barbing salons in Enugu metropolis with particular note on top – class barbing salon in Enugu.
The objectives of the study
– To evaluate the promotional strategies adopted by Top class barbing salon in order to determine their profitability
– To determine the impact of public relations adopted by top class barbing salon in customer’s patronage.
– To determine of advertising adopted by Top class barbing salon Enugu metropolis create customer’s awareness of their services. Based on these four hypothesis were formulated each focusing on the impact of a specific promotion.
Data were sourced from two data. Extensive literature review on textbooks, journals, and other related materials were carried out. The population includes management and relevant staff and customers of top class barbing salon within Enugu metropolis.
Data collected were presented analysis and interpreted using table, frequencies and percentages while the hypothesis were tested using chi-square.
Based on the analysis. The following findings were made. That barbing salon including the case organization is yet to fully appreciate the importance of designing an optimal combination of promotional mix to enhance its performance
– That public relation impacts positively on customers patronage and bill- boards were poorly designed and not strategically located. In view of above findings, the following recommendations were made.
– Apart from the use of bill-boards advertising in radio and newspapers should be used. The advertising message should be based on quality of service offered, availability and moderate charges.
– Other promotional activities like sales promotion, public relations, publicity and personal selling should be adequately blended for improved performance.
The researcher opined that if the recommendations were judiciously implemented the case organization should be able to serve their customer better with profit.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Ebue (1990:1) stated that if you produce best product, package it brilliantly, price it right distribute it well and position it to best meet the needs of customer you must have wanted all the marketing kills if nobody knows you have done the things, and your customer and prospects can only know through promotional activities.
Adirika E, Ebue B. and Nnolim D. (2996:35) see promotion as the component used by the organization to inform, educate and persuade the market regarding the company’s offerings, advertising, personal selling, sale promotion, publicity and public relations are the major variables of promotion.
Promotion is a vital ingredient of survival and development, without adequate promotion products may not sell, when they sell their continuity is in doubt. The art and science of marketing promotion, which comprises advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, public relations and direct marketing is often associated with glamour and flamboyance. Infact most of the budget of some companies is spent on promotions because of marketing to survive in the competitive marketing environment.
Onyeke K.J. (2003:88) confirm that the promotional tools as supreme vehicles in competition and provide the only way a market richer can, hope to penetrate an established market. He went further to state that for a company to excel above others in the competitive market such a company must value the import of promotion.
It may have been an unfelt want; there may have been no want at until business actions created it by advertising sales promotion, by marketing sales promotion, by investing something new.
Modern marketing companies are increasingly recognizing the value of an effective communication and promotion programme for their entire public. This includes Barbing salon service companies.
Olakanori (2000:214) stated that the success of a company in a society of imperfect competition to a larger extent depends on the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing promotional activities.
The Emerson theory is generally now being regarded as being competition. A company must blow its trumpet he emphasized. Ebue noted that modern marketing does not stop at developing a good product, pricing it attractively and making it really available to target customers. The company must communicate to its audience tell good stories disseminate information above the products, existence, features terms and benefit to the target market.
Top class barbing salon is a leading barbing salon in Enugu metropolis. The salon started operation in 1989. The owner is from Okeigwe in this state.
The company does not involve so much in promotional activities; the only visible promotion is mounting of signboard, which is a mere recognition of the creation of the business premises. But with the proliferation of barbing salons in Enugu metropolis there is the need to appraise the promotional strategies used by the company is facing competitive in the industry which is becoming keener everyday. Manufacturer and producers of goods and services and now aware that promotion does not only inform persuade, but can strive towards profit making through increased sales.
It is in the light of his importance attached to promotion that the researcher seeks to make an appraisal of promotional strategies of barbing salon in Enugu metropolis using Top- class barbing salon as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Inadequate sales are often given by entrepreneur, as major causes of their failure. A careful review of their circumstances often reveal perfectly ignorance of the need for promotional skill or deliberate neglect of the necessity for coordinate promotional strategies.
Many a time barbing salons are very sure/optimistic about sales (patronage) they concern the wrong notion that their goods will sell themselves, forgetting that even the best product, services still need to be stimulated in order to move out of the stories. Infact, the creation of effective promotional strategies is an essential move towards creating a market.
The above scenario applies the numerous Top class barbing salon despite the numerous advantages inherent in effective promotion, and the fact that the adage which says, if you don’t say I am nobody will say you are still very true or you are here, the availability of promotional facilities, the need to used promotion, to higher competition in this industry, the use of co-coordinated effective promo tools by Top class barbing salon in its operation is barely evident and is negatively imposture on its operation.
In view of the above the researcher tried to appraise the promotional strategies of hair barbing salons in Enugu metropolis with special interest on Top-class barbing salon Enugu.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
To determine the extent to which barbing salon owners in Enugu metropolis are aware of promo tools.
To determine the impact of direct marketing on customer patronage at Top-class salon in Enugu metropolis.
To appraise the promotional strategies adopted by Top-class salon in Enugu metropolis in increase profitability.
1.4 FORMULATION OF HYPOTHESIS
The following hypotheses were formulated and tested.
Ho: Advertising strategies adopted by Top-class barbing salon do not create consumers awareness of barbing salon services.
H1: Advertising strategies adopted by Top-class barbing salon in Enugu metropolis create consumers awareness of barbing salon services.
Ho2: Public relation strategies adopted by Top-class barbing salon in Enugu metropolis have not helped to increase customer patronage.
H2: Public relations strategies adopted by Top-class barbing salon in Enugu metropolis have helped to increase customers patronage.
H3: Personal selling strategies adopted y Top-class barbing salon in Enugu metropolis have positive impact on your patronage have increased their profitability.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study will be great benefit to the operations of any firm at barbing salon. The study will show some of the cost effective and efficient promotion game mans that would be adopted top increase the performance of their services operation.
The study will equally help Top-class barbing salon to better their operations in Enugu metropolis. Consumers who patronize Top-class barbing salon will be better informed and educated not only on product sold but on their services. The study will act as a source of document to readers who might find the study useful. Above all the study will benefit the researcher as it will provide the researcher with an in-depth knowledge and under standing in the area which could stir up further study.
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study which involves an appraisal of promotional strategies of barbing hair care salons took an in-depth look at promotional strategies applied by barbing salon. Again the study is limited to Top-class barbing salon and it’s customers within Enugu metropolis.
1.7 LIMITATION OF STUDY
This study may not be absolutely comprehensive due to the under-listed factors that constrained the study.
The time was not adequate for a comprehensive study before the look was carried out at the home time. The researcher was carry out their researcher excellence.
With the state of the economy and the sky rocking of prices of materials and transformation, the researcher as student sources, finding the project is a little bit difficult. Unco-operative attitude of the respondents. The work of this nature involving the use of case study does not always receive the blessing of the management, hence information not give out some vital information because they felt the researcher may be an agent of competiting firms, some respondents on their own part did not co-operate.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Promotional strategy – it is controlled integrated programmed of communication method and materials designed present a company and it products to prospective customer.
2. Advertising – any term of non-personal communicating or presentation or goods ideas and services conducted through the mass media that is paid for by an identified sponsor.
3. Sales promotion – this consists of all activities of promoting immediate sales. It is designed to achieve fast sales or consumer response.
4. Public relation- the deliberate planned and sustained effort to established and maintains mutual understanding between an organization and its public.
5. Direct marketing – it is an interaction marketing system that uses one or more advertising media to effect a measurable response.
6. Personal selling – face-to-face interaction with one or more prospective purchases for the purpose of making preventative advertising questions and producing orders.
7. Source – any activity benefit or satisfaction that is offered for sales it does not result in the ownership or anything.
8. Marketing – the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customers requirement profitability.
Get the Complete Project
This is a premium project material and the complete research project plus questionnaires and references can be gotten at an affordable rate of N3,000 for Nigerian clients and $8 for international clients.
Click here to Get this Complete Project Chapter 1-5
You can also check other Research Project here:
- Accounting Research Project
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science
- Banking & Finance
- Biblical Theology & CRS
- Biblical Theology and CRS
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Computer Engineering Project
- Computer Science 2
- Criminology Research Project
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Education
- Education Research Project
- Educational Administration and Planning Research Project
- English Education
- Environmental Sciences Research Project
- Guidance and Counselling Research Project
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Maritime and Transportation
- Marketing Research Project 2
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Medical Biochemistry Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health Research Project
- More Research Project
- Transportation Management
Full Project – APPRAISAL OF PROMOTIONAL STRATEGIES OF BARBING SALONS